Modern world is changing so fast that for marketers it is extremely important to keep company’s marketing strategy up-to-date. This is especially true for marketing communication that plays a crucial role in the success of every company. The development of science and technology has opened new scope for "dialogue" with the customer - Internet. However, choosing the Internet as a mean to promote goods, services or brand might be risky, as it is vital to know and follow current trends.
1. Few years ago, many companies have used so-called viral advertising - ads that appears on the site, preventing consumers from easy reading of an article or watching videos. Today we can observe a tendency of increasing number of people, who use Ad block applications and add-ins.
The main reason why Internet users install ad blockers is the fact that most of the personalized ads are irrelevant. Advertisers fail to deliver meaningful messages and target them to audiences that might potentially be interested in an offer, instead of targeting actual customers. This is especially true for young, tech savvy consumers who have innate aversion to traditional media and messages that brands try to convey .
Therefore, today it is particularly important for marketers to seek new ways to transfer information to consumers, carefully choosing messages that are most necessary and relevant.
2. Do you know that human brain can remember only 20 % of what a person reads, and more than 80% of what he or she sees? Therefore, it does not seem strange that the most popular social networks are Tumbler, Pinterest and Instagram. Today, people prefer watching interesting images and photos, rather than reading long articles (even if they are extremely interesting). So, modern marketers use infographics and videos to tell interesting story about their company.
The rise of infographics also shows the capacity of visuals to break large chunks of data into digestible portions. The bottom line is, we all have ever shorter attention spans, this is why compelling images and visualisations are keys to making your story stand out from the crowd .
3. The role of SMM is rising. Nowadays, you need to work with people every day. And if you are successful, you will build a really good relationship with you target audience. Remember that all your social media strategy must be compatible with different devices (particularly mobiles).
4. One of the biggest trends that modern marketers must follow is shift to mobile. Almost 20 % of all Internet traffic belongs to mobile traffic. And this percentage is rapidly increasing. Mobile phones are such an integral part of life that modern marketing trends require companies to pay more attention to optimization and content.
1. Bačík R., Fedorko I. New trends in marketing communication //Современная экономика: проблемы, тенденции, перспективы. – 2013. – №. 8 (1).
2.Boström M., Guselin M., Nilsson M. Facebook Advertisements:-What happens with the sender's intended message?. – 2015.
3. Dan A. Marketing Trends To Watch For In 2015 //Forbes. Viitattu. – 11. – Т. 9. – С. 2015.
4. Natalia Chrzanowska. 4 trends that will change your marketing communication in 2016 [Electronic resource] - Access mode: http://www.smartinsights.com.
5.Scott D. M. The new rules of marketing and PR: How to use social media, online video, mobile applications, blogs, news releases, and viral marketing to reach buyers directly. – John Wiley & Sons, 2015.
Науковий керівник: Куклін Олег Володимирович, доктор економічних наук, професор, Київський національний університет технологій та дизайну